Uniden UBCT8 experiences?

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

Pty

Uniden UBCT8 experiences?

Post by Pty »

I am thinking about buying a Uniden UBCT8 for around the 30mhz range, the 300-400mhz range and all the typical Emergency services. Does anyone have any experiences with this scanner? I currently use commercial radios for all my Firies, police but i don't have a decent scanner that'll do 30mhz or ambos (413mhz). I need something with excellent sensitivity, good audio and good shielding.

Any comments about this scanner?

Cheers
scanvictoria

Re: Uniden UBCT8 experiences?

Post by scanvictoria »

Pty wrote:I am thinking about buying a Uniden UBCT8 for around the 30mhz range, the 300-400mhz range and all the typical Emergency services. Does anyone have any experiences with this scanner? I currently use commercial radios for all my Firies, police but i don't have a decent scanner that'll do 30mhz or ambos (413mhz). I need something with excellent sensitivity, good audio and good shielding.

Any comments about this scanner?

Cheers
Never operated one, but im sure there isnt much loss there :D
Just a reminder that scanning in the 30mhz range may be illegal depending on what your listening to :twisted:

My icom ic-r5 was picking up the 30mhz range really good.
I suppose i cheated by using a 16 element beam spinning around every couple of days to see who else around town was using cordless ******!!
But even at that, a ic-r5 is a portable.
Perfomed perfect with a beam.

I wouldnt recommend using uniden for sensitivity, try some other *real* brand.
You could post a ad up on vkham.com (free service) looking for a scanner matching your details.

Sorry i wasnt much help.
Pty

Post by Pty »

No that's fair enough. I only have Icom gear but if you're having good use from your IC-R5 for such a purpose i might need to look down that path. I need something with good sensitivity and able to reject signals from my nearby transmitters.

Cheers