Uniden BCT15

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

mack6701

Uniden BCT15

Post by mack6701 »

Over 12 months ago a friend bought me a BCT15 scanner over the internet. Since that time I have been unsucessful in getting an "unlocking key" for the software.
As this unit is now available in Australia as UBC996 and these units are clonable, if I bought a UBC996 with the software and unlocking key, could I then clone the BCT15 from the UBC996?????
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems no one can answer that one so can anyone tell me how I can get an unlocking key for the BCT15 please.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Re: Uniden BCT15

Post by meg »

From a quick Google, it looks like you can purchase the unlock key from Uniden
http://www.unidendirect.com/itemdetail. ... =BCT15UASD

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
mack6701

Post by mack6701 »

Thank you for your help.
Unfortunately Uniden don't wanna know I exist, thats my problem. The key has to be bought from a Uniden retailer, and Uniden won't give me the time of day, let alone tell me the name and contact details of an American retailer.

Regards
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Took me 2 weeks of daily phone calls just to get the rego code for the UBCT9 programming software.
It wasn't in the box, and Uniden had no idea about it.
Good to see they know heaps about the product they sell.
mack6701

Post by mack6701 »

G'Day,back again, Just realised (newby) that my reply to your email didn't go on the web site. After thinking about it I realised that every one should see it, so can you please tell me how to do that, or if you know I'm happy for you to do it for me.
Thank you
Regards
Eric.
numloxx wrote:Took me 2 weeks of daily phone calls just to get the rego code for the UBCT9 programming software.
numloxx wrote:Took me 2 weeks of daily phone calls just to get the rego code for the UBCT9 programming software.
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Well the UBCT8 is exactly the same as the UBCT9, but the 9 includes the programming software.

Now I phoned up Uniden every day informing them that I had paid for the software because I bought the UBCT9 and that I am entitled to the full software. They said it did not need a cd key, but I still argued this, until they finally worked it out.

Makes you wonder why they didn't know, let alone why the cd key was not in the box.