Scanner repairer

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Scanner repairer

Post by Chicky »

Hi Guys

I'm new - and would appreciate some advice from the friendly ppl I have seen post on here :D

I purchased a scanner from Ebay and for the first time got duped on a product I have bought from them. The scanner I bought was a Realistic Pro 2018 that the seller stated was 'new in box'. Hence it wasn't - it has actually been damaged inside yet externally its in mint condition. What I need is someone who could repair it for me, and as I live in Rockingham would prefer someone closer to home that could do it. Does anyone know who I could contact to have a go at repairing it? Any info would be much appreciated....thanks in advance!

P.S. I couldn't wait for repairs - so I went and bought another from Dick Smith :P
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Scanner repairer

Post by vk6hgr »

Chicky wrote: I purchased a scanner from Ebay and for the first time got duped on a product I have bought from them. The scanner I bought was a Realistic Pro 2018 that the seller stated was 'new in box'. Hence it wasn't - it has actually been damaged inside yet externally its in mint condition.
What's wrong with it?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Dear chicky,

Have you notified the seller within 7 days of purchase? And if so will he accept that he misled you and pay for it to be fixed?

It's a bit of a sticky situation when you buy from eBay - so if your not happy - lodge a complaint if he fails to help you.

Goodluck.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Hi Guys

I have started the dispute process with Ebay - and will let you know the outcome. :wink:

My husband had a look at the scanner, and he says the 'IF transformers' are damaged (apparently 2 of them). He could have a go at fixing it, but we need to re-tune the frequencies? We just don't have the equipment to do it nor the expertise. If you need any further info or can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Cheers
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)