Sawtron Portable

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

Always RX

Sawtron Portable

Post by Always RX »

Ive got a Sawtron KG-109 portable radio and i was wondering if anyone has the know how to reprogramme it for me. It currently has 2 of the available 10 channels on FESA comcen and i would like to fill the other 8 with receivable channels for when i move around the city or go bush.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: Sawtron Portable

Post by Fastlane »

Always RX wrote:Ive got a Sawtron KG-109 portable radio and i was wondering if anyone has the know how to reprogramme it for me. It currently has 2 of the available 10 channels on FESA comcen and i would like to fill the other 8 with receivable channels for when i move around the city or go bush.
gawd.. a Sawtron.. thats going back! I might have one here still somewhere too... tho cant help you with the reprogramming sorry! I *think* they might have an eeprom in them which needs to be pulled and reprogrammed..
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Hey what can i say... I just love retro...I have an original Roland TR-606 drum machine too!..lol. And i was pretty sure thats what someone was gonna tell me about the old girl... she works a treat too!
Thanks mate
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I just got a KG109 too. The guy I bought it off (in a round-about way) programmed the EEPROM for me. I had to do the hard labour programming all 99 channels into it with the DOS software. If you can find someone who can do the EEPROM, I can help with the software.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

WPXZBP wrote:I just got a KG109 too. The guy I bought it off (in a round-about way) programmed the EEPROM for me. I had to do the hard labour programming all 99 channels into it with the DOS software. If you can find someone who can do the EEPROM, I can help with the software.
I may be able to help there. What sort of EPROM is it? (27C64 etc)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Cool thanks for the info guys , i`ll try and find out in the morning and get back to ya`s.
Cheers
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

To those who kindly offered help in this matter , thankyou. I have found a bloke who can do the mods for me and i should have her back within a few days.