Review On The UBC92XLT

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

Millsy

Review On The UBC92XLT

Post by Millsy »

Hey Guy's Just thought i'd do a little Review on the Uniden UBC92XLT...

In my personal opinion it is one of the best little units u can get on the market for under $500. It's a handheld scanner with full frequency display and it offers 200 programmable memory channels with 8 bands. Close Call RF Capture Technology is the fancy way of saying that the scanner listens for close strong transmissions and then it locks onto the frequencie. If thats not the Freq You want then press scan and it'll go and find another strong freq. This feature will come in handy when walking round the shops, events such as concerts and at the football.
The Frequency ranges received are 25-88, 108-174, 400-512 and 806-956 MHz. The Unit also has Pre-Programmed service search which automatically detects Police, Railroad, Air, Marine, UHF CB and AM CB. The Unit is Nice small and compact and is easy to fit in the pocket. It comes with a backlight dispay for use at night. Great Little Unit all Round...
Be Keen to hear anyone elses thoughts on this lil unit buy Uniden...
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

As a first time owner of a scanner, I would like to say, this little thing is great. I'm suprised that it picks up so much, I mean, being so used to UHF CBs picking up shitall.

I get the airport at work, and at home, I am getting Police now, and I've taken it to the airport for a spin, and its perfect for what I purchased the unit for.

I dunno if the Close Call works well, because, I dunno how to set it to run in the background.

Good unit IMO.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Price ???
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Around the $250 mark.
Mace_3000_99

Post by Mace_3000_99 »

I got mine for 197 at Dick Smith

*cough* old sale price :P