Digital Decoder software

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Digital Decoder software

Post by JhG123 »

Is there any software that'll take aux in and decode digital radio on from an analogue radio, similar to DSD+?
roland985
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden EZI30XLT Scanner.
Bearcat UBC355XLT

Re: Digital Decoder software

Post by roland985 »

Unless you were decoding FSK based data like rtty, or stuff like POCSAG, you would need to use the discriminator output on your scanner to get the best chances of decoding anything. I only really know of fldigi, minimodem, and Digital Radio Mondiale software.
WASES CSU
grant

Post by grant »

If you can find somebody to do the discriminator tap modification, digital decoding via DSDPlus works a treat on an analogue scanner.
My first tapped scanner was a analog Uniden UBC780XLT (2000 vintage), which lasted several years until the frequency display light gave up.
My second and current tapped scanner is a Uniden BC796D (2003 US Version) which I use heavily for logging P25, DMR and NXDN.
I have stayed clear of Software Defined Radio which is a handful if you are not IT literate.

Grant
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

I used DSD+ With a FunCube Dongle Pro+ with no probs setting it up and successfully decoding P25 Phase 1 and DMR, I guess if would be daunting if your were new to it all though.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro