INFORMATION FOR UBCD436PT AND UBCD536PT OWNERS

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

rustynswrail

INFORMATION FOR UBCD436PT AND UBCD536PT OWNERS

Post by rustynswrail »

INFORMATION FOR UBCD436PT AND UBCD536PT OWNERS RE THE RECENT RELEASE OF THE DMR FIRMWARE UPGRADE IN THE US.

If you have been following this story on a well known overseas forum you will have seen that Uniden America is bascially keeping this latest firmware upgrade in house, that is no international credit card transactions.

The other problem is a difference in ESN (Electronic Serial Numbers) between the North American BCD435/536HP and the Australianised version, (UBCD436/536PT). The Uniden America website (necessary to download and purchase the firmware upgrade) will not accept the UBCD436/536PT ESN's.

I have been in contact with some of the higher ups in Uniden Australia to discuss the situation. WITHOUT making any promises or commitments, they will investigate the proposition of releasing the upgrade here in Australia. One proviso is that it will be only for the Australian UBCD436/536PT and not the North American BCD435/536HP. I am afraid as the non Australian unit were purchased overseas they are not supported here in Australia (my words not theirs).

There is no time frame about this, it is purely in the preliminary stages at the moment, but it is a move forward. I ask that everyone be patient and await the outcome. I know everyone is 'excited' about this, none more so than me, but it is going to take time. Also it may not happen, because of a number of circumstances that I cannot and will not discuss, here or elsewhere.

When I find out more I will let everyone know.

Russell Bryant