Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.
doggie015

Re: Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting

Post by doggie015 »

gkoutlis wrote:
doggie015 wrote:I hear they are going to be closing heaps of roads in the CBD... Will the trains still be running over the weekend this is being held on or will all forms of public transport be useless during the event?
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/CHOGM2011.aspx

G
Thanks!
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

nra555 wrote:I would imagine it would be call specific. so youd still be able to ring certin numbers (000 or 131 444 ect), and band specific too, so police/fire brigade/ambulance ect. would still be able to use their phones/radios/dispatch computers and AVL wich all use mobile phone inferstucture to operate
100% correct. Numbers and frequencies are programmable for what can be allowed or jammed. The range of jamming can be set to a limited area so that any motorcades or individual vehicles can pass safely. Unless you are on your mobile at the time or want to use it at the specific moment or you are a targeted number, most people wouldn't have a clue of the fact they had been jammed for a few minutes.
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Heard some chat on 468.600 this morning.A bit of encrypted around 465/466 mhz (99% encrypted).Also the old police frequancys worth listerning also.Yes i just discovered 468.600 is SES.
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

What did everyone think of CHOGM? I didn't experience any real disruption but only ventured into the city for the bbq. Quite a nice event with lots of community events on for people to enjoy. Lots of people were very happy and excited to see Her Majesty at the bbq. Was really nice to see everyone so happy.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

SJANT wrote:What did everyone think of CHOGM?
I avoided it. Excessive people and security, protesters, no thanks.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
yorky

Post by yorky »

The protesters ranting and raving made me not want to be around there.

The choppers ruining my wedding videos were not very entertaining (a week before).

On the upside it was probably the safest time to visit the city I couldn't go a block without getting a face full of bored officers.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Only protesters I saw were in Forrest Chase so they didn't have any real impact on me. No hint of them at the BBQ which was the only event I attended. As I said before real happy family environment there.