TARGA Rally frequencies?

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.
WadeH

TARGA Rally frequencies?

Post by WadeH »

Hi all,

Does anyone have frequencies for the TARGA Rally today? Especially for the Bullsbrook sections.
VFS Volunteer, ASWA Member
Nafenn

Re: TARGA Rally frequencies?

Post by Nafenn »

WadeH wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone have frequencies for the TARGA Rally today? Especially for the Bullsbrook sections.
The SOS guys are radio ametures, so it will possibly be in the ameture band... don't know any specifics
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Nafenn wrote:
WadeH wrote:Hi all,

The SOS guys are radio ametures, so it will possibly be in the ameture band... don't know any specifics
Actually while some of the Safety On Stage folks are amateurs, and often have amateur frequencies as a fallback, I believe the radios used are commercial ones on leased frequencies. (I just don't know what those frequencies are, sorry...)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

The radios are owned by Rally WA & CAMS.
They have leased frequencies and if you pick them up you will only hear codes like M1,M2,M3 FIV scramble and if theres an crash on stage like any motor sports event ( Including Barbagallo Raceway) procedures are to use mobile phones.
We used phones last weekend at barbagallo
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Fire Chief wrote:The radios are owned by Rally WA & CAMS.
They have leased frequencies and if you pick them up you will only hear codes like M1,M2,M3 FIV scramble and if theres an crash on stage like any motor sports event ( Including Barbagallo Raceway) procedures are to use mobile phones.
We used phones last weekend at barbagallo
We Didn't :P

(but flaggies are a tad behind ;))
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

the ambo's did...they phoned race control
the fire crew only called for medical assistants urgently.Flag Marshals dont attent accidents/fires and dont give race control drivers injuries ect

I know the flag Marshals are behind......Look at their last newsletter the Trainee licence is out dated CAMS has a new one thats been out about 2 months.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Fire Chief wrote:the fire crew only called for medical assistants urgently.Flag Marshals dont attent accidents/fires and dont give race control drivers injuries ect
We know - there's no way we're getting out of our luxurious white concrete tubs ;)

And my radio message to Race Control included information that the driver was not making any attempt to exit his vehicle and I couldn't see him moving. That was before the fire service or the FIV had arrived on-scene.

As for the flaggies being behind - yes, the procedure seems to have changed. When NaFenn and I started, the system they were operating under was basically "do three events as a trainee under instruction, then do the CAMS module and if it all goes well, you can apply for your officials licence".

When we turned up to the recent race meeting, the forms have all changed, you only now need to do one race meeting to be assessed. Seems a bit short to me, but who knows ... {shrugs}

At least NaFenn and I have plenty of experience operating a radio in a controlled environment - some of the other new flaggies are a tiny bit radio shy ;)

It is very dark.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

I agree....CAMS in its wisdom has decided all officils need only do 1 event before applying for their General Licence.Then you must do your task module ( Flags,Fire Rescue ect) to get your licenced endorsed

The 3 event system was the best and should be re Introduced

The Fire Crew has a six month probation period to allow us to see our new officials responce to emergencies/situations.Then we decide if you suited,if not you will be asked to try something else.We have had 1 guy who we sent off to be a grid marshal at drift
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Fire Chief wrote:I agree....CAMS in its wisdom has decided all officils need only do 1 event before applying for their General Licence.Then you must do your task module ( Flags,Fire Rescue ect) to get your licenced endorsed
I can understand their desire to get more people into officiating - and perhaps some "focus group" study or something had suggested three turns as a trainee was some kind of barrier.

For NaFenn and myself, on only our second time out as flaggies, we got put in charge of a flag point because they were reeeeeeeeeeally short staffed that day. I ran FP7 at the exit from the basin for all of qualifying by myself, and the Safety Car dropped out someone who had been press-ganged into filling the second spot before race one.

In all honesty, I felt like I'd been dropped in the deep end a little bit - but also relatively confident that I could handle it. Radio procedures weren't an issue, and I had a pretty good training session on my previous time out.
The 3 event system was the best and should be re Introduced
I certainly think as a relative newbie myself that one turn as a trainee does seem a little short. But I don't know enough about how things work yet to be able to give constructive feedback to anyone.
The Fire Crew has a six month probation period to allow us to see our new officials responce to emergencies/situations.Then we decide if you suited,if not you will be asked to try something else.We have had 1 guy who we sent off to be a grid marshal at drift
Yep I suspect that all the groups of officials would have something similar in place - if they really don't think you're suited, they need to have some way of either sending you for more training or mentoring, or diplomatically suggesting that you think of something different to do ;)

It is very dark.
sja1337

Post by sja1337 »

They using frequency 413.400 BASE TO STAGES
bogged
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT
Uniden UBCD396XT

Post by bogged »

77.625, Is the main channel Targa Rally and their talk about freq is 413.4 is operating on also here is the acma records http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/clien ... _NO=208464

another freq is 72.1 i recieved on close call regarding targa
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Getting rally activity on 413.400
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Grovesy
Scanners and Receivers: UV-5RA

Post by Grovesy »

Anyone know what frequencies they'll be on this year? Mainly chasing the Zig Zag stage Frequency