Red Bull Air Race Sat 17 & Sun 18 April, 2010.

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Red Bull Air Race Sat 17 & Sun 18 April, 2010.

Post by Matt. »

Its about to be that time again , flights and accommodation is booked and just got a 100-400 lens.

Who else is going this year?

I heard rumours that you will need tickets just to go to normal areas this year ??

Anyone have any inside info on tickets requirements and costs??

Official site here

http://www.westernaustralia.com/redbull ... _Race.aspx
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Red Bull Air Race Sat 17 & Sun 18 April, 2010.

Post by Tyranus »

COOL! I expect that your chances are slim on inside information when the webpage doesn't have anything, but you never know. It'll be a shame if everything has a cost.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

You mean next year ;) :P

I'm definatley going - either on duty with St.John or may accept a special invite to participate in a flyover or two or three ;) of the city on the two days :wink:

Either way, next year's Red Bull Air Race will be the best yet.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I've moved this post into the Special Events section - I thought it would be more appropriate :P

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/News/Re ... -Race-2010
What areas will be partitioned off for fee-paying spectators?
Finalised this week, there are two ticketed areas that will be fenced off along the City of South Perth foreshore in Sir James Mitchell Park.

Ticketed Area #1 will be between Coode St and the Esplanade car park, Ticketed Area #2 will be between Hurlingham Rd and Douglas Ave.

What will the costs be?
The City is not directly involved in the process of deciding admission prices for the ticketed areas, and Red Bull Air Race organizers have not yet finalised prices.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

nachoman wrote:http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/News/Re ... -Race-2010
What areas will be partitioned off for fee-paying spectators?
Finalised this week, there are two ticketed areas that will be fenced off along the City of South Perth foreshore in Sir James Mitchell Park.

Ticketed Area #1 will be between Coode St and the Esplanade car park, Ticketed Area #2 will be between Hurlingham Rd and Douglas Ave.

What will the costs be?
The City is not directly involved in the process of deciding admission prices for the ticketed areas, and Red Bull Air Race organizers have not yet finalised prices.
Thanks Nachoman... There's some additional information about free viewing also on that linked page:
Will there be any space dedicated for "free viewing"?

There will be two substantial free viewing areas between Narrows Bridge and the Esplanade car park, and between Hurlingham Rd and Ellam St.

Free spectator areas will have toilet facilities, first aid stations, an area for lost children, free drinking water and rubbish bins.

The City required significant areas of the park to be unfenced to enable the public to enjoy the event free of charge.

What is the Council's position on charging spectators? Is it in favour of the move and does it see the move as justified?

This event is not organised by the City of South Perth. Charging spectators for events is a knock on effect of the global trend towards ticketed events.
Google maps link for the area here: LINK
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

matt_au_70 wrote:Its about to be that time again , flights and accommodation is booked and just got a 100-400 lens.

Who else is going this year?

I heard rumours that you will need tickets just to go to normal areas this year ??

Anyone have any inside info on tickets requirements and costs??

Official site here

http://www.westernaustralia.com/redbull ... _Race.aspx
http://www.redbullairrace.com is the Race Official Site - they usually put up more information on the Race a few months before hand :)

I will be there... and making people buy tickets to sit in the normal areas is beyond stupid - people can watch it from literally anywhere!

I will be there as long as i'm still in perth
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Very interesting thanks for that , Ill be staying at Melville Parade again South Perth and walking around to the event.

Should be another good event.

Thanks for the extra info helps a lot, interesting to see how much the charge for the areas that where free last time.

Matt
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

matt_au_70 wrote:Very interesting thanks for that , Ill be staying at Melville Parade again South Perth and walking around to the event.

Should be another good event.

Thanks for the extra info helps a lot, interesting to see how much the charge for the areas that where free last time.

Matt
Well when you do come over, there'll be a number of us from here attending I expect :)

It is very dark.
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Hi guys anyone hear anymore about the free areas?

Thanks Matt
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

matt_au_70 wrote:Hi guys anyone hear anymore about the free areas?

Thanks Matt
Nah it's all quiet for the moment. Going on previous years I suspect that there won't be too much more said until fairly close to the date - but there's plenty of space for free access I think...

It is very dark.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

matt_au_70 wrote:Hi guys anyone hear anymore about the free areas?

Thanks Matt
In a news update a few weeks ago - the Red Bull Air Race organisers have backed down to charge people to see the event.

So all areas will be free once again - but they will have the usual "member" stands on Sir James Mitchell Park in South Perth.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:In a news update a few weeks ago - the Red Bull Air Race organisers have backed down to charge people to see the event.

So all areas will be free once again - but they will have the usual "member" stands on Sir James Mitchell Park in South Perth.

G
and the grandstands?
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Gregg
Scanners and Receivers: aor2002
396t
pro 96

Post by Gregg »

coming over from sydney for the RBAR

Any one have any frequencies to put into the 396 t
Thanks in advance
Gregg
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

It's going to be awesome...

You never know where my pictures will end up this year! :) shhhhh
I've closed the door!