Skyshow

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Skyshow

Post by Antt »

Hey all any chance those in the know could put up a channel chart or alike for the Skyshow, i will probebly be working there with the SES but the scanner will be going either way

Antt
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

You mean like this one? :)

This is the guide we put together for the 2003 Skyshow. While it represents a "best guess" (since there's no way of finding out what's happening until it happens), it's probably OK as a starting point...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

Yeah, thats the one i thought that there may be an updated list but it will safice....just a quick question but i noted one frequency under airport : plane to plane.

How often would there be a need for planes to communicate with each other i thought that this would rarely happn at...
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Having the aircraft communicate between themselves is a major part of operating the airspace on Skyshow night. In past years, Airservices Australia have basically handed the area over Perth Water over to the Royal Aero Club with the expectation the Aero Club control and monitor the air movements in the area - hence the dedicated frequency. Once you leave the area, you're handed back to the air traffic controllers.
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Further to that, the 'numbers' (123.45mhz) is widely used as an air-to-air frequency, not just on Skyshow night but all the time. Keep an ear on it if you're an airband listener: you'll often hear pilots chatting between themselves quite informally.
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

well you learn something new every day....
thanks heaps for the info
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

I've just been listening to Captain Paul on 850.600 (thanks for the info!): it's best to set your scanner to 'wideband FM' if it has it for this particular frequency.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Joss wrote:He can be a bit blue when he isn't on air so be careful if little kiddies are around (as can Fred when he talks back to Paul on 494.500MHz)

Yes i quite agree with you there Joss - Whilst at Jandakot last year (December? :roll: ) I heard him lose his temper at Jandakot Tower for asking him to "Go Around" as the runway was very active.....

So that was a great heads up - especially if the littlies are listening in....Well done :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I understand - :)

But it's his language and yes his rather crude jokes that we have to watch out for :)
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Skyshow aircraft frequency is 127.900 (AM)
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I was tryin to listen to the firework channel- the one the pyros use, but a police frequencie was going over the top of it, so u had them talking and the cops talking over each other, but i dont think they could hear each other.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

*bump*
Beats on Ch44, Ch39, Ch27, Ch25, Ch24
Major Ops on Ch3
Enquiries Ch63

Polair landing at City Helipad to pickup the Minister