Navy world meeting/training

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.
Scottus

Navy world meeting/training

Post by Scottus »

Hi i saw on the news that at the moment there is a big navy competition/training event on. I was wondering if any one had been able to pick up or know the frequencies for it?

(i understand it is out at sea and it might be too far away to pick up but if any one has found the frequencies, that would be great thank you!!) :D :D
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

It is a major multinational submarine rescue training exercise, called Exercise Pacific Reach. According to the link below it is being conducted in Cockburn Sound. Unfortunately the Navy aren't helping us out by providing frequencies but at least its some background info as to what's going on.

http://www.navy.gov.au/operations/pacreach/sailors.html
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

missnoisy wrote:It is a major multinational submarine rescue training exercise, called Exercise Pacific Reach. According to the link below it is being conducted in Cockburn Sound. Unfortunately the Navy aren't helping us out by providing frequencies but at least its some background info as to what's going on.

http://www.navy.gov.au/operations/pacreach/sailors.html
Much appreciated for the info.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

If anybody would like to lend a ear to

132.5 RAN Helicopter Support Facility Garden Island
393.5 RAN Helicopter training Garden Island
121.0 Garden Island CTAF
124.1 RAN Garden Island
156.700 RAN Garden Island (FM)

They might hear some activity