Relay for life

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Relay for life

Post by Tyranus »

1500 Saturday the 24th to 1500 Sunday the 25th, a full 25 hours of people walking around in circles aimlessly. Who's coming?
I'll be there, with the State Emergency Services, in tents 137 and 138 or out on the track :). Look for the young guy, with abseiling gear on at the start, a mate and I are doing it as Vertical Rescue Team Members. Don't know what the scanning oppurtunities will be like, but maybe some other Vollie unit's will be there?

Cheerio, and maybe see you there.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Re: Relay for life

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:1500 Saturday the 24th to 1500 Sunday the 25th, a full 25 hours of people walking around in circles aimlessly. Who's coming?
I'll be there, with the State Emergency Services, in tents 137 and 138 or out on the track :). Look for the young guy, with abseiling gear on at the start, a mate and I are doing it as Vertical Rescue Team Members. Don't know what the scanning oppurtunities will be like, but maybe some other Vollie unit's will be there?

Cheerio, and maybe see you there.
Was there Sat night with SJA Vollies - all i can say it was really busy....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

haha, well I was the banana at midnight madness! :P
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:haha, well I was the banana at midnight madness! :P
Ohhh Gosh.... :lol: Im sure we walked past each other at some stage - lol - I was there till midnight - I think the whole event, was very nice.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

yeah i do vaguely remember walking past some medics when I was in the suit, but all I know is I got lots of hugs, by plenty of girls, and I said I'd give one girl a piggy back ride, (she was from churchlands) but didn't cause i had to go get changed, and wasn't a fruit\vegie anymore.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:yeah i do vaguely remember walking past some medics when I was in the suit, but all I know is I got lots of hugs, by plenty of girls, and I said I'd give one girl a piggy back ride, (she was from churchlands) but didn't cause i had to go get changed, and wasn't a fruit\vegie anymore.
:wink: :wink: awwww bugger :P Well if i wasnt in uniform, im sure i would have been there to offer the same service lol heh heh :lol: :lol: :D
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Mr. G you going to be there again?
I think my shifts are lucky enough to let me go again, so maybe some more suiting up, if you're not on shift you can come and join in again this year :P
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:Mr. G you going to be there again?
I think my shifts are lucky enough to let me go again, so maybe some more suiting up, if you're not on shift you can come and join in again this year :P
;) I will be there :P Probably do the arvo/evening shift till midnight.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member