RED BULL AIR RACE Reviews

Talk about special events such as the Skyworks, Royal Show, Rally Australia, Avon Descent, etc.

Moderator: meg

How was the red bull air race ?

great, will go again
13
41%
good, may go again
3
9%
good, would not bother going again
0
No votes
to crowded, will stay at home and watch on TV
8
25%
average, over rated
3
9%
waste of time
5
16%
 
Total votes: 32

Scottus
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Scottus » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Chicky wrote:
yorky wrote:Be aware that Scottus dug this thread up, from two years ago's event.
Lol.... Thanks for that yorky. I had a momentary lapse for a bit there, then realised what date the last post was!!!!! So glad it's not the dementia kickin' in early! :wink:
(i was talking about this years event though)

Nafenn
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 pm
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-60
Location: Semaohore, SA
Contact:

Post by Nafenn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:53 pm

it was great!

ill definatley be going again
Nathan Fenn VK6FENN
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!

Image
Volunteer Firefighter and Volunteer Ambulance Officer

jasonjag
Banned
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: RED BULL AIR RACE Reviews

Post by jasonjag » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:15 pm

fly_on_the_wall wrote:after members opinions on the event.

i personally thought it was not that great. to crowded and not long enough.
It was far better the 1st year and the F18 did a by far better display in 2006, 100% over todays display by the F18, no F18 last year and this year it was average, need much better and more acts and displays in the air, the old war planes are so weak,,nead action. was not crowed where i was at east end of strip, 1st year went south perth,people walked aver you,stood in front of those who got there early , some argued and one had his head whacked and into the water he went, dont say get F*** in front of women, lol. jj


## SUNDAY,, at the eastern end of the strip, city side, and if any one wants to avoid the crowd, come join me at the waters edge under a tree, ill have head phones on sitting on a white garden chair,,bit far away,but can see all you need to, jj

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3166
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:42 pm
Amateur callsign: VK6DB
Location: Perth
Contact:

Post by Zebedee » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:36 pm

Nafenn wrote:it was great!

ill definatley be going again
Yeah but that wasn't because of the event it was due to the exceptional company you were keeping ;)

I enjoyed myself on both days. Spent Saturday on the city side around Langley Park and Sunday on the South Perth side. Had four friends over from Adelaide who said they had a great time. They commented on how nice Perth is to visit, how hospitable and friendly the people are, and how our fish and chips beat theirs :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Scottus
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Scottus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Zebedee wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!


...and how our fish and chips beat theirs :P
i'll second that!!! :D

Nafenn
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 pm
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-60
Location: Semaohore, SA
Contact:

Post by Nafenn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Scottus wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!


...and how our fish and chips beat theirs :P
i'll second that!!! :D
hey, i dont remember mentioning fish and chips :?
Nathan Fenn VK6FENN
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!

Image
Volunteer Firefighter and Volunteer Ambulance Officer

Scottus
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Scottus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Nafenn wrote:
Scottus wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!


...and how our fish and chips beat theirs :P
i'll second that!!! :D
hey, i dont remember mentioning fish and chips :?
yeah one post above mine, last thing you said!!

Tyranus
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT
Location: Helena Valley
Contact:

Post by Tyranus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Scottus wrote:
Nafenn wrote:
Scottus wrote: i'll second that!!! :D
hey, i dont remember mentioning fish and chips :?
yeah one post above mine, last thing you said!!
I think you'll find that it was Zeb that brought up the Fish and Chips...probably not physically but you quoted 2 people and deleted the end tag on a quote and what not so really Nafenn was correct :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Image

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 2867
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by written_ficton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:23 pm

Nafenn wrote:it was great!

ill definatley be going again
You do realise that this was the last year

wizzard
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by wizzard » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:33 pm

written_ficton wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!

ill definatley be going again
You do realise that this was the last year
only till May 2010

spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:15 pm
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt
Location: BOO!!

Post by spartacus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:14 pm

written_ficton wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!

ill definatley be going again
You do realise that this was the last year
it's staying till 2012,
and yes there will be a break for 18months because nobody saw the use of bringing it back in six as the organizers want it to be held earlier in the year
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit

Scottus
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Scottus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:38 pm

spartacus wrote:
written_ficton wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!

ill definatley be going again
You do realise that this was the last year
it's staying till 2012,
and yes there will be a break for 18months because nobody saw the use of bringing it back in six as the organizers want it to be held earlier in the year
i think that, that will be really good because people will forget about it for a while and then when it comes back it will have a new lease of life.

jasonjag
Banned
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:12 pm

In correct

Post by jasonjag » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:57 pm

spartacus wrote:
written_ficton wrote:
Nafenn wrote:it was great!

ill definatley be going again
You do realise that this was the last year
it's staying till 2012,
and yes there will be a break for 18months because nobody saw the use of bringing it back in six as the organizers want it to be held earlier in the year
Sorry to say,your info is slightly incorrect, the reason why it is not until 2010 is that before the State Gov and Tourism mob got to sign the renewal, they had allocated Langly park for other activitys which includes half of it being dug up for other shows from Aug 2009 to Mar 2010, hence the next RBAR will be here in May 2010 half way through the circuit,, that is info provided by the State Tourism dept. (this info was posted Thursday in Warsug). jj

Scottus
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Re: In correct

Post by Scottus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:02 pm

jasonjag wrote:
spartacus wrote:
written_ficton wrote: You do realise that this was the last year
it's staying till 2012,
and yes there will be a break for 18months because nobody saw the use of bringing it back in six as the organizers want it to be held earlier in the year
Sorry to say,your info is slightly incorrect, the reason why it is not until 2010 is that before the State Gov and Tourism mob got to sign the renewal, they had allocated Langly park for other activitys which includes half of it being dug up for other shows from Aug 2009 to Mar 2010, hence the next RBAR will be here in May 2010 half way through the circuit,, that is info provided by the State Tourism dept. (this info was posted Thursday in Warsug). jj
Dug up, you say, sounds interesting do you know what these events are??

jasonjag
Banned
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: In correct

Post by jasonjag » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Dug up, you say, sounds interesting do you know what these events are??[/quote]

I was told and now ive forgotten as i was stunned at the time that they didnt think the RBAR was more important re $$ terms and going to be cold and wet at that time of year, before they decided to do what ever,the tourism dep will tell you, If I can remember , ill find out and post them.. jj

Post Reply