WARSUG Social Event

Board Announcements
auntys_eyes

Re: WARSUG Social Event

Post by auntys_eyes »

Bad news from me unfortunately. Our draft rosters have been published for that weekend and i am working on March 8th until 7.30pm :evil: . So unless its a Sunday night session i'm out :cry: .
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

I've got structural F/F course that weekend so unfortunately a no for me
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
BFBGAL

Post by BFBGAL »

Im on shift also but sounds like you are all going to have a great time, enjoy sit back and enjoy the ride.
Live Life To The Max And Enjoy....Dont Wait Around On Others, Make It Happen For Yourself.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

ok guys, i suppose i will wind up as the "mole" for the day... so beware: the centre's bookings (for Private functions) can change within two days of the date.

currently (as far as i know) i am working on that sunday, finishing at 5pm (wow... how coincidental), so i will try and let doug (Zebedee) know if there is any private functions booked for 5pm sunday, so we know if we have to cancell or push it back a bit.

so please make sure that you have a glance on here (if possible) on sunday after midday to make sure.

cheers,

Nath (the one who actually knows how to race, and can make you win or lose... depending on how much you want to pay, or how much you cut me off ;) :P)

Oh, Number 1 tip i can give - if there is a staff member on track testing a kart (i dont count), dont ram them... because they will get you back... MAJORLY! i will get you back, but not as majorly as they would :P
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

OK an update, just to confuse things even further.

This afternoon, the place was very busy. Nathan and I booked three 20-lap sessions, which normally takes us an hour, to hour-and-a-half. But there were so many people there queueing for rides, that we only got two of our three races in the time from 5pm to 7pm.

Before we left, we spoke to one of the managers, and she was saying that there's no way to predict how many people will turn up on a Sunday, some days the place is deserted, other days it's crazy busy like it was today.

So if we continue with the idea of "Arrive and Drive", there's a chance that if it's busy, we may not get much track time, or it might take us quite a while. And if there's a fair number of other people on the track as well, we could even get split up and not race as a group.

So it basically comes down to this - if we want to make sure we all race as a group, we can reserve the track for an "exclusive hire" - which gives nine karts a block of time to race.

The cost would be $500 for two 20-lap races for up to nine people. (So if we get nine people out on track, we're looking at $56 each...)

I'm starting to feel less comfortable with the whole idea of just turning up - I was OK with it based on the last couple of weeks, but after today's circus, I'm worried that we'll turn up at the same time as half of Perth...

What I think we should do, is turn up at say 5pm, and Nathan and I will go out for one 20-lap demonstration drive, to give you an idea of things like the racing line, how to handle a kart, all that stuff (I know there's a few people who hasn't driven a kart yet.) Then we either do one of the private functions or an exclusive hire, and get the whole track to ourselves from 5.30 or so.... For the exclusive hire, we need exactly nine drivers. Nathan and I are confirmed as two of them, so we need another seven to keep the price to $56 each.

Thoughts?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

And to keep the score sheet updated:

The people who've said yes so far are: AO11912, Tyranus, gkoutlis, Nafenn, Zebedee, Numloxx, ricco1298, Ben, Leanne
Possibilities are: BuddahFRS and Paul
Cheering from the sidelines: Meg

So ... how many of those on the yes list are definites?

It is very dark.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

I just found out that unfortunately that I have got something on that Sunday and won't be able to make it. :(
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Oh and Doug, one of those 2 or 3 votes for booking, was me so I'm all for that.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

guys come on, we MUST have a definate yes or no as soon as you can.

The latest we can book an exclusive track is next friday, so we NEED TO KNOW ASAP!
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

hey i cant confirm if i can make it, so count me out, if i can i will just pop down to catch up with ya all.

sorry guys
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

BuddahFRS wrote:hey i cant confirm if i can make it, so count me out, if i can i will just pop down to catch up with ya all.

sorry guys
No probs thanks for letting us know :)

It is very dark.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

The latest update:

The people who've said yes so far are: AO11912, Tyranus, gkoutlis, Nafenn, Zebedee, Numloxx, ricco1298, Ben, Leanne and Paul
Possibilities are: BuddahFRS
Cheering from the sidelines: Meg

Those in blue are people who have confirmed they are definite attendees.

It is very dark.
ricco1298

Post by ricco1298 »

The Sunday session if we can book in for $56 for the two sessions will be fine.
My weekly budget cringed a bit at $75, so I am go for the 2x 20 lappers for $56.

Dave Richo..
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

My shifts havn't come up yet..... So I cant check

Anyway, if I can come any chance of bombing a lift from West Leederville if I come [Payment is being in the company of myself :)]
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:My shifts havn't come up yet..... So I cant check

Anyway, if I can come any chance of bombing a lift from West Leederville if I come [Payment is being in the company of myself :)]
sorry mate, im actually working there till 5pm that day :P

i will do my best to check all the karts: but i will say now that there is NO GUARANTEE there is going to be 9 standard karts running on the day, we have problems like any other business.

any that are broked i will take a look at, and if i can fix it, i will... i think there is a mechanic on that day, but not sure
Nathan Fenn