WARSUG Social Event

Board Announcements
ricco1298

Re: WARSUG Social Event

Post by ricco1298 »

I think that would be bumming.... a lift that is.
I may be able to swing out that way, as you find out, by all means let me know and I could probly pick up and drop off, the scenic drive will be grand.

Cheers
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

That would be grand!

I'll find out on the weekend....

Flipping furious I have no car, there is no chance I can borrow one of the work vechiles.....
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Ok guys, Doug has passed the final test... getting his Super Elite licence today... yaaay.

Now, it has been decided that we will be doing the arrive and drive... as the deposit for otherwise had to be in today :). So, the current plan is to arrive... and, well drive :) - at $65 for 3x 20 Lap Heats.

to start it off, Doug, Myself, and (possibly) my best mate Ben will do a 20 Lap heat just to show you the racing line and such (and i will draw it out for you if you are lucky :P). Then, we will all jump in a Standard (Doug, Ben and I possibly Advanced) kart (when possible - may be a bit of a wait considering every man and his dog was there today :)) and we will do 20 laps. then have a break, and see if you can be put up or not. After that we will go for our second 20 lap heat hopefully all in advanced (from memory we have 5 or 6 advanced, so Doug Ben and i may have to go super to suit numbers, what a shame :P). Another break, then we will do another Advanced Run after that.

Approximate times (based on today) will be from 1700 (5pm for those 12 hour clock peoples) till around 2000 (8pm) (depending on how busy it is).

now, we HAVE To know numbers, for the sake of organisation (because i am going to try and pre book on the day depending on who is the event director for the night :P)... SO - who is definatley in, who is out?
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Nafenn wrote:Ok guys, Doug has passed the final test... getting his Super Elite licence today... yaaay.
Pffts to you ;) You may be faster but I still reckon I'm a "cleaner" driver... I spin out a lot less :P
Nafenn wrote:Now, it has been decided that we will be doing the arrive and drive... as the deposit for otherwise had to be in today :). So, the current plan is to arrive... and, well drive :) - at $65 for 3x 20 Lap Heats.
Of course if people don't want to go out three times, that's fine too. You can then book from one to three sessions depending on what you want to do, and how much cash you have to spare :P
Nafenn wrote:to start it off, Doug, Myself, and (possibly) my best mate Ben will do a 20 Lap heat just to show you the racing line and such
What he means is that he just wants to show off ...

Kidding :P

No, before we go out, for those of you who are new to any kind of motorsport, we'll explain the basics of the karts, how they work, what the "racing line" is and why it's important, and the basics of good and sportsmanlike driving technique. That way, you're not "wasting" the first session figuring out how it all works :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Arrive and drive would have suited me, but unfortuantely I have a crap roster of the late shifts on Friday & Saturday night, with a gruelling Sunday afternoon shift...

Such a shame, would have been great to meet some of the Warsug dudes

If its such a great turn out we need to do it again!

Sorry guys, I would have given Nafeenn a run for his money :^o :^o :^o :^o
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Zebedee wrote:
Nafenn wrote:Ok guys, Doug has passed the final test... getting his Super Elite licence today... yaaay.
Pffts to you ;) You may be faster but I still reckon I'm a "cleaner" driver... I spin out a lot less :P
Nafenn wrote:Now, it has been decided that we will be doing the arrive and drive... as the deposit for otherwise had to be in today :). So, the current plan is to arrive... and, well drive :) - at $65 for 3x 20 Lap Heats.
Of course if people don't want to go out three times, that's fine too. You can then book from one to three sessions depending on what you want to do, and how much cash you have to spare :P
Nafenn wrote:to start it off, Doug, Myself, and (possibly) my best mate Ben will do a 20 Lap heat just to show you the racing line and such
What he means is that he just wants to show off ...

Kidding :P

No, before we go out, for those of you who are new to any kind of motorsport, we'll explain the basics of the karts, how they work, what the "racing line" is and why it's important, and the basics of good and sportsmanlike driving technique. That way, you're not "wasting" the first session figuring out how it all works :P
not to mention it will save the marshalls having to wave angry signs at you :-)
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Finger signs or the cloth signs?
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

written_ficton wrote:Finger signs or the cloth signs?
Haha - actually they're metal... But what you don't want is a cranky manager :P

The duty manager had to come and shout at some errant kart drivers who seemed to think that it was OK to go full-tilt under the yellow caution lights, even though the rules (which they'd only just read and signed off on to say they understood) said "WALKING PACE" ;)

It is very dark.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

My best peice of advice for you all: ACTUALLY READ the driver breifing... because the Track Marshalls, Manager, and Me will all be giving you a serving of the cluebat if you dont :P

we are known for hitting people with the signs if they need a hint :P
Nathan Fenn

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Someone sounds as if....... he is up himself, knowing he thinks he is a good carty driver? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Somone whooop him and take the glory!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Nafenn wrote:My best peice of advice for you all: ACTUALLY READ the driver breifing...
Do I need to read the briefing as well??? ;)

I'm looking forward to this, should be a bit of fun. If there's anyone else who hasn't said they're coming, but is considering it, then please ... just rock up on the day! :P

It is very dark.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

written_ficton wrote:Someone sounds as if....... he is up himself, knowing he thinks he is a good carty driver? :wink: :wink: :wink:
You don't know the half of it! :roll: :-)
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

alrighly... All ready to go on this end... I will do my best to have as many standards running as possible. We have 10 all up, but not all run at times.

Fingers crossed the subaru engined super elite 'reaper' will be running... It has been in the pits for over a month for a fairly major engine repair. It was less in pieces than last week tonight... And the mechanic is on tomorrow, so it might be running (dibs if it is doug :p)
Nathan Fenn

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Nafenn wrote:alrighly... All ready to go on this end... I will do my best to have as many standards running as possible. We have 10 all up, but not all run at times.

Fingers crossed the subaru engined super elite 'reaper' will be running... It has been in the pits for over a month for a fairly major engine repair. It was less in pieces than last week tonight... And the mechanic is on tomorrow, so it might be running (dibs if it is doug :p)
Will they let you in it, again if you put it int the pits for that long??
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Hehe - in all fairness (not that I've ever shown that before!) he wasn't the one who broke it this time... No guarantees he won't be the one to break it next time of course ;)

I'm rather looking forward to Sunday!!!

It is very dark.