Austnet IRC Radioscanner

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Eidolon

Austnet IRC Radioscanner

Post by Eidolon »

I think we should push for more users to use an irc client (mIRC) to access the radioscanner channel on Austnet to get live information as it happens, rather than click refresh on topics all the time.

Would be ideal for you pursuit junkies. This way we don't have to see posts of pursuits that happened hours or weeks ago which are no longer relevent.

Just a thought.

~e~
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Austnet IRC Radioscanner

Post by Kinetic »

Eidolon wrote:I think we should push for more users to use an irc client (mIRC) to access the radioscanner channel on Austnet to get live information as it happens, rather than click refresh on topics all the time.

Would be ideal for you pursuit junkies. This way we don't have to see posts of pursuits that happened hours or weeks ago which are no longer relevent.

Just a thought.

~e~
I like that idea.

I used to go on it occasionally ages ago, but no-one was ever one. But now this is getting more popular I might start going on it again too :)
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I prefer forums rather than IRC.

For the very reason that I can come here after an event has happened and read up about it, not having to scroll through 10,000 lines of text about what people have been doing with their day.

:)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

yeh forums are much better i enjy checking out whats been happeneing in perth since my scanner broke
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

There's no reason why both can't co-exist quite happily.

For the people who just want to read what happened after the fact, and then to perhaps discuss the issues arising, the forums are ideal. No need to be there at the time, and you can come back to add another point hours or days later.

However for the people that follow events in real-time, IRC is a much better medium. The people in the channel at the time something is happening can discuss events as they unfold and the people who just want the summary can skip a whole bunch of one-liners in the forums.

Cheers,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.