new QAS livery

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
elm

new QAS livery

Post by elm »

found these on flickr.

Pretty good visibilty, it getting to a near perfect example!
If I had to bitch I'd say a little more contrast would help (yellow on white doesn't stick out big time) - but hey, we don't want to overreact.

So, check them out!

got them from here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749079@N04/
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

wayyy too much yellow
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Ahh but is the banana state :lol:
firie163

Post by firie163 »

This new livery meets the new international standard for Ambulances, so they can be easily identified.
elm

Post by elm »

firie163 wrote:This new livery meets the new international standard for Ambulances, so they can be easily identified.
Who made up this international standard, and where can I get my hands on it?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

The international standard as in "all european countries" have had this form of decals and have done for YEARS now everyone else better follow suit.

Only qld,act n sa have followed this suit but even still the decals are all still different for each service.
elm

Post by elm »

AFAIK it's the EU (European Union) Guidelines, nothing more nothing less. And they recommend how big ambulances should be, what should be in them, divide them up in to categories (A: Patient transport 1 person, B: Patient Transport 2 People, C: Emergency Ambulance 1 person). Also talks about size of patient etc. All this is in the EN 1789.
In another recommendation the EU has suggested to use yellow as a base colour for ambulances, as it is the best visible colour at dusk and dawn.

I don't know anything about livery though, and not many european ambulances that I know of actually look like these ones.