Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by gkoutlis »

Sounds like a nasty Motor Vehicle crash - intersection of Warton and Nicholson Rd. Canningvale and Armadale Pump and LT at scene.

20:13 - SITREP - units on site - Canningvale Pump and LT, Armadale 1st Pump and LT, SJA (multiple) and WAPOL.

Total of 4 persons injured.

20:58 - Armadale 1st Pump and LT departing scene heading back to station.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Rockingham 1st and Hope Valley turning out to factory/construction site fire Pickard Way

Rocko 1st 6-6

Smoke issuing from building. Minor explosion inside sending two men in in BA - police reqd.

Hope Valley arrived.

Rocko 2nd HSR mobile.

Rocko 2nd HSR arrived.

Entry gained investigating severely smokelogged building. Western Power requested.

Two crews in BA. Fire extinguished. Owner en route. Be some time until smoke cleared.
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Butler turning out to rubbish fire Sovereign Dr Two Rocks - bit of a drive!

Yanchep turning out also

Butler wants to go home so stood down.
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Osbourne Pk and Malaga turning out to structure fire Arvida? St Malaga.

Malaga 6-6 second alarm.

OP arrived.

Vacant house due to be demolished. Two blokes working but pretty much under control.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

1142 - Perth 1st Fire Call for a Rescue?? LRV enroute as well.

Sevenoaks Street? Perth 1st asking which direction of train tracks?

1150 - Welshpool 2nd advising waiting on Perth 1st and LRV - it's a 2nd Alarm Rescue - unsure on exact location.

1151 - DM Perth enroute - to incident - Perth LRV arrived. ?Radium Street in Welshpool/Bentley.

1158 - Welshpool 2nd reports Rescue of person will be made possible with Scaffolding place into position and using a winch to lower person down. 20 minutes eta. DM Metro arrived making contact with Welshpool 2nd and Perth.

1203 - DM Perth - Person with broken wrist - at high rise building - 30 meter height. DM Perth advising verticle rescue to be completed in 15 minutes - ambulance on scene assisting person.

1206 - Welshpool 2nd requesting WorkSafe and WAPOL.

1221 - DM Perth SITREP - person has been lowered to the ground, in the hands of St.John Ambulance - person slipped from his original position and fell through scaffolding - Crews are making up.

1236 - Perth 1st and Perth CLP Returning to Station no longer required at incident.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Perth 1st, Perth CLP, DM Metro, Osborne Park SET enroute to Hay and Elder Street Perth for a Drill Excercise currently underway.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:Perth 1st, Perth CLP, DM Metro, Osborne Park SET enroute to Hay and Elder Street Perth for a Drill Excercise currently underway.

G
G, rumours that this isnt a drill of any kind and a real life scene that is unfolding...
I've closed the door!
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

Police have asked for patience from motorists after closing both north and south-bound lanes of the Mitchell Freeway near Hay Street.

Diversions have been put in place while they respond to an emergency.

Main Roads is reporting heavy congestion in the area.

"Taken from the west Australian's website."
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Welshpool 1st and Daglish 1st - QE2 - E Block Oral Health Block - Ground Floor - Access from Monash Avenue.

Both crews heading Fire Call.

Fire confirmed. Daglish 2nd enroute.

UPDATE 13:48 - Daglish 2nd ammended location - now at G Block - Kensington Pump and LT and Osborne Park SET and Perth 3rd now enroute Firecall.

Confirming units enroute:
*Welshpool 1st arrived 1349 making contact
*Daglish 1st/2nd Pump and LT's
*Kensington Pump and LT
*Perth 3rd Pump
*Osborne Park SET

1350 - DM Stirling Enroute to incident - QE2

1351 - Daglish 2nd SITREP - advising fire is extinguished, fire caused by workman using Oxy Torch which ignited plastics inside building - No further backup required. All units standing down.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Incident - Perth Esplanade Bus Port approx 1745

Mounts Bay Rd.

FRS requested to assist WAPOL at unknown incident.

Perth 2nd asked to turn out normal road
Perth CLP normal road
Perth LRV
Perth 3rd Mobilised normal Road
DM Darling Range arrived making contact. (confirmed it is DM Darling Range and not DM Metro)

Mounts Bay Road Blocked off Mills Street to William Street.

18:13 Perth 2nd requesting Chaplain to attend.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Person apparently was on roof and now is in custody.
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Pretty Serious Crash 2 cars involved.

1 car had 4 occupants - all seriously injured.

Car 2 - 1 occupant - in shock

Fremantle 2nd is at scene providing SITREP, SJA required - Fremantle 2nd is on scene with Claremont Pump and LT.
19:05 - Fremantle 2nd - advising 1st Ambulance at scene - still needing another...
1922 - another 2 SJA arrived (total of 4) - 1 has departed for hospital P1.
Edit Update location - Stirling Hwy in Mosman Park intersection of Glyde Street.

Also;
Rescue 65 enroute to Northam for a single car crash with 4 occupants injured - Channel 43 is the channel in use for this incident. Northam Country Pump at scene (unsure exact location). Rescue65 ETA 1923 - Toodyay firies enroute also.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

gkoutlis wrote:
Also;
Rescue 65 enroute to Northam for a single car crash with 4 occupants injured - Channel 43 is the channel in use for this incident. Northam Country Pump at scene (unsure exact location). Rescue65 ETA 1923 - Toodyay firies enroute also.

G
Rescue 65 Ended up going to Northam Hospital and waited for ambulance to go there and then made a decision about airlifting. most serios injury I believe was a Fractured leg.

It was Interesting listening to the conversation on Ch43.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

pacestick wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
Also;

G
Rescue 65 Ended up going to Northam Hospital and waited for ambulance to go there and then made a decision about airlifting. most serios injury I believe was a Fractured leg.

It was Interesting listening to the conversation on Ch43.
Thanks for that pacestick... :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Missed the beginning of this but Structure Fire in Morley this morning approx 0330.

Morley Drive westbound has been closed from Grand Prom.

Quite a few units attended, I got a partial list;

* DM Perth
* Osborne Park Pump and LT
* Osborne Park SET
* Malaga Pump and LT
* Malaga 2.4
* FIO
* WAPOL
* Chaplin (departed scene 0635 enroute to Malaga Station).

Upon departure of scene - Osborne Park SET reported they issued 6 BA Cylinders, Thermal Camera and 2 x Oxy Viva cylinders.

Unsure who the other crews were there.

Dollar Damage to property - $100,000

From news reports this morning - 1 confirmed fatality from this fire.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/br ... ella-fire/

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member