Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

Smithy wrote:
Jared wrote:Im listening to the online scanner and there is a Pinjarra fire. Several brigades, 3 helitacs and a ICV just mobilised, i think i heard in a transmission that houses have already gone up.
any more info on the houses
The last i heard (Interpreted) there were 4 houses lost already. 3rd alarm. 2 of the small helitacs enroute and the large whatsimacallit large helitac, air intel. BFS brigades from all over attending. And there was a fire about 40 m from another stretch of houses and heading in that direction. Rockingham ICV Mobilised and an incident channel was set up.
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Saw 5 helicopters flying in formation (sort of hehe) in that direction over Ballajura an hour or two ago - assume they would be headed to that area.

Was quite a sight... and sound :P
Last edited by Froggles on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Hey Froggles they were all returning from the Muchea fire they worked right upto the last possible time due to there light restrictions <must be back at on the ground buy sunset>
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Thanks wasaint!

They looked pretty cool flying that close together, but it was the awesome roar that made me run outside to see what the hell was going on.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Managed to grab some great photos when they came back into the airport. will post when I get a chance.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Helitak_670 wrote:Managed to grab some great photos when they came back into the airport. will post when I get a chance.
That would be great thanks mate - would love to see them.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Pics here guys and Girls, Enjoy

http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t=4007
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Fire on GRT Eastern HYW Cross old Northam rd cpl spot fires as well as a seperate fire aprox 1.5 acres CFM has asked for helitacs as well as Chidlow,Woorolow, Mt Helena ,Glenforest ,stoneville and woorolow prison 2.4
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Currently Large fire at Bakers Hill. Helitac 767 and 669 are there (668 is currently out of action at the moment) Mt Helena LT, 3.4, Stoneville LT2 Sawyers Valley LT1 Mundaring CFM, 6AR having a hard time with Comms

Total of 4 fires lit from what I can figure out, 3 at wooroloo, and 1 at bakers hill
SamW

Post by SamW »

Helitacks left a little wile back, as they just flew back over my house, heading back to Perth. Mundaring ICV is up and running now as well.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Fire was declared contained about 15mins after I posted.
KAB

Post by KAB »

Hi
iwas at Bakers Hill fire.
thank god for the helitankers they stoped the running fire for us three in woroloo was lit by the same arsonist we think as the bakers hill one they were possibly seen trying to lit more but was seen so they left befor they lit.
we had no comms with the helitaks we tryed different channels and could nt get them.

cheers
KAB
"Bakers51" BFS
"Kingfisher"on UHF
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Freo 2nd just went past
TheBushFirefighter

88 at ZIG ZAG - Scenic Drive

Post by TheBushFirefighter »

At 11:15pm Zone 2 Kalamunda VFRS and Kalamunda VBFS 3.4 & LT 5, turn out to Scenic Drive Gooseberry Hill.

( 11:22pm) Kalamunda VFRS first to arrive 88, Welshpool 1st turn out with DM Curtin.

Sitrep Km VFRS 3 seperate fires, 1 at bottom of Zig Zag, 1 near Kalamiatta (?) cross of Girrawheen and the other near the top and all growing in size.

11:30pm ALL KM VBFS vehicles committed 3 x LT 1.4, 2.4, 3.4

CMD CH 99, and ICP will be at top of ZIG ZAG at this Stage.
Km VBFS use Ledger Road Reserve as ICV locations usually as there is oval for helitac access and toilets, catering facilities etc at the community hall. plenty of vehicle parking for vehicles.

( 11:35 ) DM Curtin Arrived at control point

11:47 Kalamunda Control established...........please send 1 x LT to assist Welshpool 1st with a house under threat on John Farrant drive. map ref: 347 C10

11:49 Kalamunda ICV ( VBFS ) turning out to Zig Zag

11:50 6IP advises KM control welshpool 2nd turning out to John Farrant drive.

11:51 KM Control request Police to attend John Farrant Drive as there ar too many Rubber neckers in the way FESA can't gain access, 2 houses under threat.

11:52 DM South East P Johnston arrives at control
"Find em hot, Leave em Wet" THE MIGHTY A62
TheBushFirefighter

Post subject: 88 at ZIG ZAG - Scenic Drive

Post by TheBushFirefighter »

11:54 with consultation with other DM's, Gosnells VBFS will be mobilised to Zig Zag incident.

12:05 Km Control to 6IP refreshments Level 2 for 30 personnel

12:06 Kalamunda (VBFS) ICV arrived and will advise 6IP when operational

12:10 Gosnell's 2.4 turning out to Zig Zag incident.....

12:11 KM control advises 6IP sitrep CMD CH 27, Sector 1 ( CH 99) is from the top of Zig Zag to Ridge Hill road. Sector 2(CH 97) John Farrant Drive.

12:13 KM Control to 6IP advises KM DCBFCO arrived on site

12:14 CFM Mundaring turning out to Zig Zag incident.

12:15 & 12:16am Gosnell LT & 7.2 turning out to 3rd alarm at Gooseberry Hill.

I am just sad I cannot attend as I have my Son this weekend.....
"Find em hot, Leave em Wet" THE MIGHTY A62