Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

HL 101

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by HL 101 »

Vehicle Fire

Diana Crescent X Arbon Way
Lockridge

Bassendean CFRS
1 FF in BA & Hose line

Police in attendants
Last edited by HL 101 on Sun May 29, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Dunno where to post but 2 x WP units flew southbound down Mitchell Freeway. Lights & Sirens
I've closed the door!
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I live near Mueller Park in Subiaco (next to Kitchener) and just had to run over with a fire extinguisher from my apartment block to put out a stolen motorbike.
Daglish 1st attended and spent about 15 minutes squirting water on the tree which was also starting to burn.

Typical me, I never carry my phone anywhere, so sorry - no pics!
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Traffic Accident Lockridge
Benara Road X Sturtridge Road

Ute V Motorcycle

WA POLICE
AH 206
AH 250

St Johns
Ambulance 71

FESA
Bassendean CFRS

X2 Tow Trucks
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Bonez wrote:I live near Mueller Park in Subiaco (next to Kitchener) and just had to run over with a fire extinguisher from my apartment block to put out a stolen motorbike.
Daglish 1st attended and spent about 15 minutes squirting water on the tree which was also starting to burn.

Typical me, I never carry my phone anywhere, so sorry - no pics!
Was the apartment up in flames last night? Heard there was quite a bad one on Subiaco Road Last Night
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Serious 2nd Alarm Traffic Accident in BOORAGOON

09:38

Incident: Truck vs Car vs Car - WAPOL confirmed persons trapped.

Murdoch Pump and LT - enroute at 09:40
Daglish 2nd Pump and LT - enroute at 09:40
Fremantle 1st Pump and LT - enroute at 09:42 (FYI Fremantle 2nd & CLP at Forrestfield hence why Daglish 2nd enroute)

UPDATE 09:45 - Murdoch Pump arrival code 6:6 - 2nd Alarm Rescue - 1 x person trapped.

UPDATE 09:50 - Fremantle 1st arrived making contact - DM Beelier enroute.

UPDATE 09:54 - DM Beelier arrived making contact.

UPDATE 10:00 - Daglish 2nd have arrived and assisting with cutting all of top roof off - to extricate 1 x female injured occupant. WAPOL & Multiple SJA at scene.

UPDATE 10:20 - trapped occupant now in hands of Paramedics along with other occupants of other vehicles - Daglish 2nd has been released, Fremantle 1st will stay with Murdoch to finalise cleanup.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

2nd Alarm Property
Warton Road x Holmes Street
Southern River
Canning Vale
Maddington
Murdoch SET
Western Power
Chaplain
4 in BA

Approx $500 000 damage.
Caused by electrical fault
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Last night a car rolled on to the Joondalup Line train tracks, preventing services from running between Perth and Stirling stations.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/9684948/driver-escapes-freeway-crash/ wrote:A man was lucky to escape without serious injury after he rolled his car onto the railway track on the Mitchell Freeway just south of the Hutton Street exit in Osborne Park last night.

Police say the man lost control of his car and rolled onto the track just after 9pm.

Transperth were forced to stop trains running north and south on the Joondalup line for more than an hour while the emergency services removed the car, which had landed between the two sets of tracks.

St John Ambulance took the driver to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital with minor injuries.
Police will investigate the cause of the crash.
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/ServiceUpdates/ServiceDisruptions/tabid/128/newsid563/2130/Default.aspx wrote:Train services on the Joondalup Line are currently cancelled between Perth and Stirling stations.

Train replacement bus services are operating between Stirling and Perth at train replacement stops near stations.

Train services on the Joondalup Line continue to operate between Clarkson and Stirling stations and on the Mandurah Line between Perth Underground and Mandurah stations. Trains may experience delays and not operate according to their timetable departure times.

Transperth is working to rectify the issue as soon as possible and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Rail services returned to normal operation at 11:30 PM last night.

Geoff
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

2nd alarm structure fire
Cockburn Cement
lot 242
Russell Road x Holmes
Success
Hope Valley
Murdoch SET

arrived 44

"room full of smoke, sending officers in ba to investigate"

approx. $5000 damage
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Unconfirmed reports - Train is on Fire - Claremont - just after Showgrounds Stop.

Just waiting for further updates from FRS crews at scene.

UPDATE - Fire is now out - 14:56

UPDATE - 15:23 - Daglish units report Fire is out using CO2 Extinguisher - Confined to Brake Pads - $500 damage no other fire damage to any of the rail-cars or injuries to passengers.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

A lot of movement in the last hour thanks to the weather. Here are just a few details:

Perth 1st - DBA [Unsure Location]
Perth 2nd - Reported Gas Leak, Churchill Ave, Subiaco
Perth 3rd - DBA [Unsure Location]
Daglish 1st - Vehicle MVA
Daglish 1st - DBA Floreat Forum
Daglish 2nd - DBA Erwin Barracks
Claremont - DBA [Unsure location]
Belmont - DBA [Unsure location]
Success / Murdoch - 1st alarm, Vehicle MVA
Midland - Scrub fire, lit by owners - rain has put out the fire
Duncriag - DBA [Balcatta] - enroute to Osborne Park to pick up key bag
Osborne Park - Special Duties - unsure location, now enroute to DBA
Belmont - Hospital - SES enroute to fix damaged ceiling
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

2ND ALARM RESCUE

Location: Anketell Road - 200m east from Abercrombie Road in POSTANS.

Incident: Single vehicle Roll Over - Vehicle on roof - Driver confirmed trapped.

Units:
Hope Valley Pump & LT - 06:41 - arrival code 6-6 and upgraded to 2nd ALARM
Success Pump & LT - enroute - 06:38
Kwinana VFRS Pump & LT - 06:47 - enroute to backup Hope Valley
SJA - at scene
WAPOL - enroute

UPDATE - 07:22 - Hope Valley advises - 1 x occupant extricated and handed over to SJA Paramedics enroute to Hospital. Hope Valley, Success & Kwinana VFRS remaining on scene until vehicle is removed.

FINAL SUMMARY: WAPOL declared weather "too dangerous" to remove car - Hope Valley, Success and Kwinana VFRS - made up and returning to respective stations.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

3RD ALARM RESCUE in-progress

Kwinana Naval Base - Male trapped by truck classified in "Critical" condition.

Hope Valley Pump and LT are the primary unit of this incident.
Success Pump and LT at scene.
Kwinana VFRS Pump and LT assisting

SJA at scene.

Channel 96 command channel.

Rescue 65 is above the scene and liaising landing point. 18:23

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Unknown Alarm Code

Hazmat situation at Kewdale Primary School - Kew Street, KEWDALE - strong smell of gas.

Welshpool 1st Pump & LT
Welshpool 2nd Pump & LT
DM

Primary school is being evacuated, Alinta Gas enroute 09:15.

UPDATE 10:24 - Welshpool 1st provided final summary - leak could not be located, Gas contractor has declared safe - crews have ventilated class rooms and departing scene. Alarm Code was 2nd Alarm Special Service.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

There appears to have been a major incident/fire at CBH's Metro Grain Centre between Abernethy Road & Dundas Road.

Can anyone shed some light into this one?

A fair few crews doing change over last night - and DM Newburn just booked off there this morning.

FLO heading out to the site now as well - 07:44

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member