Landcruiser Mounts Police Car in Pursuit

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Landcruiser Mounts Police Car in Pursuit

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys this just in on the PerthNow.com.au site
Landcruiser mounts police car

December 06, 2006 11:00am
Article from: AAP

A CAR thief reversed a stolen Landcruiser so fast it ended on top of a police car last night.

Police had been chasing the 38-year-old driver through the northern suburbs of Madeley and Landsdale when he was trapped in a dead-end street .

They said he reversed towards the police vehicle at such a speed that the Landcruiser's rear wheels ended on the bonnet of the police car causing extensive damage.

The officers spotted the Landcruiser just before 11.30pm, minutes after it had been stolen from Carramar.

Initially the man drove through a nearby market garden where the ground was so soft that the police car could not follow.

One of the officers got out of the car to keep sight of the Landcruiser, which then did a U-turn and drove at the officer before changing directions.

The man has been charged with stealing, stealing a motor vehicle, reckless driving, three counts of assault to prevent arrest, criminal damage, failing to stop, breach of bail and giving a false address.
Anyone happen to hear it? - Hope the officers in that car are okay...
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
fly_on_the_wall

Re: Landcruiser Mounts Police Car in Pursuit

Post by fly_on_the_wall »

Last edited by fly_on_the_wall on Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Only half decent pic found on news.com.au

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Oh What A Feeling!!! :roll:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Bit more info on the Pursuit for you all - as per the Media Release on www.police.wa.gov.au

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/MediaAndPub ... s/4893.pdf
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member