Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

[quote="CHEV4EVR"][quote="celestial_insight"]what time was the gosnells one?[/quote]

WRX 1, GTO Monaro 0

Not much has got away from that one this week :twisted:[/quote]

Gday chev, is the new WRX a class 1 vehicle mate? and will the Duty Isp let it lead a chase?
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Schism_ wrote:Was just a story on the news about two officers from scarbs who were shot by their own tasers, the offender was tasered and pepper sprayed too, and they somehow were both injured...
Was at that scene fairly quick (even beat 7 & 9 :smt041 ). Man was squatting on CALM land near Herdsman Lake, CALM officer requested police to assist removing him, man attacks police, lots of police back up. 4 cars there when i arrived. Offender taken to Scarborough Station. One vehicle left at scene awaiting SOCO when i left. All the officers on scene were very friendly, and i thank them for their assistance :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

auntys_eyes wrote:
Schism_ wrote:Was just a story on the news about two officers from scarbs who were shot by their own tasers, the offender was tasered and pepper sprayed too, and they somehow were both injured...
Was at that scene fairly quick (even beat 7 & 9 :smt041 ). Man was squatting on CALM land near Herdsman Lake, CALM officer requested police to assist removing him, man attacks police, lots of police back up. 4 cars there when i arrived. Offender taken to Scarborough Station. One vehicle left at scene awaiting SOCO when i left. All the officers on scene were very friendly, and i thank them for their assistance :)
Meaning you got photo's?? :D:D
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

He tasered them both ? he mustve been quick
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I dont understand how that could have happened? unless when the probes were fired one hit each officer?

The female officer was hit in the back according to the paper, they didnt mention the male officer being hit so perhaps while he was trying to take the taser from the man he made contact with the front charge electrodes?
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

jmmw wrote:I dont understand how that could have happened? unless when the probes were fired one hit each officer?

The female officer was hit in the back according to the paper, they didnt mention the male officer being hit so perhaps while he was trying to take the taser from the man he made contact with the front charge electrodes?
If you touch someone get tazered you will get shocked too.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Kinetic wrote:
jmmw wrote:I dont understand how that could have happened? unless when the probes were fired one hit each officer?

I don't think it quite works like that?

Someone want to clarify?
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Audio here
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
yorky

Post by yorky »

BLiNG wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

Someone want to clarify?
Depends what model the taser's are. You would need to become part of the electrical circuit to be zapped I would imagine.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

yorky wrote:
BLiNG wrote:
Kinetic wrote: If you touch someone get tazered you will get shocked too.

Someone want to clarify?
Depends what model the taser's are. You would need to become part of the electrical circuit to be zapped I would imagine.
Model wouldn't matter.

You are right about the circuit though, as long as the other officer was grounded somewhere he would get a nasty shock.
yorky

Post by yorky »

There are still many models though with different properties.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Kinetic wrote:
yorky wrote:
BLiNG wrote: I don't think it quite works like that?

Someone want to clarify?
Model wouldn't matter.

You are right about the circuit though, as long as the other officer was grounded somewhere he would get a nasty shock.
Electricity goes shortest path to ground, if someone touched someone getting tazered they may get a small zap but that should be it, unless they're standing bare foot in a puddle of water. same principle applies if the other person was to come in contact before the tazered person, then generally they will get more of a shock than the other person as the electricity will take the shortest path to earth. Now working on this theory. Must admit wouldn't mind having a look at the circuit diagram for one of their tazers could tell you exactly what's going on then.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Tyranus wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
yorky wrote: Depends what model the taser's are. You would need to become part of the electrical circuit to be zapped I would imagine.
Model wouldn't matter.

Electricity goes shortest path to ground, if someone touched someone getting tazered they may get a small zap but that should be it, unless they're standing bare foot in a puddle of water. same principle applies if the other person was to come in contact before the tazered person, then generally they will get more of a shock than the other person as the electricity will take the shortest path to earth. Now working on this theory. Must admit wouldn't mind having a look at the circuit diagram for one of their tazers could tell you exactly what's going on then.
Actually electricity takes the path of least resistance. If it took the shortest path lighting would go in a perfectly straight line.

As the amount of electricity flowing through something increases so does the effective resistance (Thats why the more electricity you pump through something the hotter it gets)

So giving the electricity an alternative path like in the case of grabbing someone getting tazed will give you a pretty severe shock (Not the the extent of actually getting tazed yourself though)

EDIT: Also water is a poor conductor of electricity, infact pure water won't conduct electricity at all.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Kinetic wrote:

I'm sorry but i have my doubts about this.

When i saw the police taser a violent person there was still about 3 officers piled ontop, and they didnt seem too bothered. I honestly think that if you were going to be shocked by it from touching a suspect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKbplNGhDo

2:30 of this video shows one man being held by two others while tasered and neither showing ill effects during the entire 5 second shock.