Football Tragedy - RIP Chris Mainwaring

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

A drug problem that still exists if you take for granted what is being heard around town about Cousins at a wedding in Broome a few weeks ago...
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Ahh the wonders of the rumour mill and hearsay..
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Indeed Fastlane.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Fastlane wrote:Ahh the wonders of the rumour mill and hearsay..
I think I prefer the wonders of... apparently doing drugs in front of someone fairly high profile, who apparently has a major dislike to drug users, who apparently happened to witness the rumoured event and who is rumoured to be subtly making it known to the people who apparently need to know.

Apparently.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

BLiNG wrote:
I think I prefer the wonders of... apparently doing drugs in front of someone fairly high profile, who apparently has a major dislike to drug users, who apparently happened to witness the rumoured event and who is rumoured to be subtly making it known to the people who apparently need to know.

Apparently.
I think the word is allegedly, but anyway.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Fastlane wrote:
BLiNG wrote:

Apparently.
I think the word is allegedly, but anyway.
Personally I think the word 'allegedly' brings with it too much level of doubt. I would prefer to use the word 'apparently' as in my mind it brings with it a certain level of truth.

:evil:
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Given that Mainy was in the same circle of friends as Ben Cousins, I am not suprised that some people may link his death to drugs, especially when his alleged behaviour would indicate drug use. HOWEVER, as all of the ambos could probably tells us, there are other medical conditions that could lead to the same behaviour. Either way, the real tragedy is the fact that he had died, regardless of how it happened.
RIP Mainy :smt089
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Yes it was a sad loss - he was a great footballer and a nice bloke from all accounts and and excellent ambassador for Geraldton.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Yes drugs r bad MMMMMk
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

[quote="Fastlane"][quote="spartacus"]acording to the TV news

Drug Overdose[/quote]

Don't know where you got that from, 'coz nowhere I've seen is reporting it. Care to say which channel and what was said?

It's been set up as a 'crime scene' because WAPOL must investigate all unexpected deaths for the coroner.[/quote]

Fastlane,
The herald sun paper is quoting drugs saying that he had been on an all night bender of cannibas and ecstasy

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

bomber wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
spartacus wrote:acording to the TV news

Drug Overdose
Don't know where you got that from, 'coz nowhere I've seen is reporting it. Care to say which channel and what was said?

It's been set up as a 'crime scene' because WAPOL must investigate all unexpected deaths for the coroner.
Fastlane,
The herald sun paper is quoting drugs saying that he had been on an all night bender of cannibas and ecstasy

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html
Friends have said he was on an all-weekend bender.

:(
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I couldn't give a rats if drugs were involved or not... At the end of the day, Mainy's dead. And at only 41 years of age. Irrespective of why/who/where he was, he's human - and to quote what a good friend said to me today - 'How many people have been on a bender of booze and drugs in their life?' I'll put my hand up and say yes, I have. I'm just lucky I'm still here.

I wish everyone would just back off on 'alleged' comments. None of us on here know what his exact personal circumstances were, nor do we know how his emotions have been dealing with his situation. We don't know - just like we wouldn't know if another 41yo person in the same situation did the same thing.

Let's remember who he was, and what he's done and leave the insuations be please.
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Chicky wrote:I couldn't give a rats if drugs were involved or not... At the end of the day, Mainy's dead. And at only 41 years of age. Irrespective of why/who/where he was, he's human - and to quote what a good friend said to me today - 'How many people have been on a bender of booze and drugs in their life?' I'll put my hand up and say yes, I have. I'm just lucky I'm still here.

I wish everyone would just back off on 'alleged' comments. None of us on here know what his exact personal circumstances were, nor do we know how his emotions have been dealing with his situation. We don't know - just like we wouldn't know if another 41yo person in the same situation did the same thing.

Let's remember who he was, and what he's done and leave the insuations be please.
Could not have said it better. RIP Mainy
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Well said Chicky!
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Maybe we should ask admin to change the name of this thread to Mainy- Tragic Loss or something similar instead of rumours etc.

My opinion! :roll: