WARSUG Meeting. When? Where? Who's Interested?

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

WARSUG Meeting. When? Where? Who's Interested?

Post by Donga »

As an Earlier thread has mentioned we are tryning to organise another meetup for all our members to get to know each other. Originally we tried to organise it for early June but we did not have much of a bite from many members so it has not gone ahead yet. As this topic state what we want to find out is When does everyone want to meet? Where does everyone want to meet? and who is interested in the meet? It has already been suggested Fast Eadys in the City on eiather a Saturda or Sunday as most people who use the forums either work or are students. Pubs are out of the qustion because alot of our members are under18 and we do not encourage underage drinking of any sort. Leave here possible locations and suitable date and time convieniant for yourselves and from that we can work out when and where to have it?
LOADEDDOG

Post by LOADEDDOG »

I noticed there are a few members in the Eastern suburbs so how do we feel about Alfreds Kitchen

or if you want somthing closer to the city Hamberger hill
close to public transport
VKS737 W6374
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

anywhere as long as its a sunday lunch due to work commitments
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

The Doc I am guesing it probably will be a Sunday as Ithink from the last meet we had it suited alot of our members. Then again it could have been a Saturday hopefully other members contribute ideas with a suitable day. Loadded dog I like the sound of Alfreds Kitechen I hear the food is great but I dont know how it work as we have members from all over Perth so I am guessing we will try to centralise it Hamburger Hill might be a good location is there shealter there tho?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

The good news is that Alfred's is within a couple of minute's walk from Guildford train station so there's no excuses for not being able to get there, even with Sunday's crappy train timetables :)

The bad news is, I don't think Alfred's opens up for business till about 5pm or thereabouts. So if you want a feed, the meet would have to be later in the day :)

The good news is, it's WELL worth the effort and the wait. If you haven't had an Alfred's burger, chips and pea & ham soup, you haven't lived!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

The guys here at work constantly tell me about Alfreds, and unfortunately I have not yet lived as you say :-)

I'll have to try my best to get to the meet so I can enjoy the best burger and chips ever.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Bonez wrote:The guys here at work constantly tell me about Alfreds, and unfortunately I have not yet lived as you say :-)

I'll have to try my best to get to the meet so I can enjoy the best burger and chips ever.
I'm up for a meet almost any day is ok with me, but where is this Alfreds place everyone's talking about? :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Its near the Guidford Train station.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

Alfreds make the best food many a night when ive finished work at 1am ill stiop there for a feed :lol:
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

By the sounds its Alfreds Kitchen then. When and what time? If it opens later in the evening tho I think Saturday would be a better option then Sunday as people using public transport may not have connecting buses to get home on a Sunday as some of the buses in the northen suberbs finish around 6 I dont know about the other side of the river but I am guessing its the same.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Depends, is it going to be like on here where u express ur opinions and/or views and get abused for it ????
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Donga wrote:By the sounds its Alfreds Kitchen then. When and what time? If it opens later in the evening tho I think Saturday would be a better option then Sunday as people using public transport may not have connecting buses to get home on a Sunday
some time after they open ( >5pm ) on a Saturday then...?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

JG-103 wrote:Depends, is it going to be like on here where u express ur opinions and/or views and get abused for it ????
I can't say that it will not be like it is on here at the moment but I dont see why it would be. I think the worst of it is over now but we will see if it is before the event happens.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

well i finish 6pm sat night in kalamunda so that ain't a probs :)
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

TheDoc wrote:well i finish 6pm sat night in kalamunda so that ain't a probs :)
Glad we can accomodate your needs as we try to accomodate everyone which is not always possible. The date I have in mind is the 8th July which is on a Satuday night and allows everyone to have enough notice to plan ahead. If the place opens at 5pm I think 6pm would be a good time to meet we dont want to bombard the place when they 1st open. If the time and date is not convenient please let us know and it can be changed. If you are attending please confim so we know how many to expect I dont think you need to book the place as it is outdoors. If you have family bring them along for a feed as well if you want. I hope to see you all then.