Sneak peak at Mk VI Merc

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Chicky wrote:2 queries...

1) In the first picture, is that a fridge I can see where the sliding door is open? For medications, etc, I guess?

2) There's a phone on the wall in one of the pics - is that to speak with the driver or has some type of 'mobile phone' capacity?

It is a pity it can't take more than two patients, meaning like a walking wounded as well. It would definately reduce some of the workload you guys already have, and save depots being unmanned for call outs that aren't even in their designated area :(
1) No fridges (although para's have been asking for years) thats the o2 locker which keeps the bottles secure and seperated from the wiring, etc.

2) Phone is just a rear handset for the radio with a small talk button on the side, before everyone started doing hosp patch's over the phone all codes were done via handset in rear (att) or driver in front.

Number of pt's purely depends on extent of injuries and avaliability of other ambulances. In the metro crews would not normally take more then 2 max but in the country anything goes :wink:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
elm

Post by elm »

I wonder if ambulances will ever get this big in Australia? :)
http://www.elmweb.de/elmbulance/Frankfurt2000.html

(would need massive depot restructures....)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Cost wise i doubt it-but who knows.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Cheers, ZO100 :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Brad

Post by Brad »

elm wrote:I wonder if ambulances will ever get this big in Australia? :)
http://www.elmweb.de/elmbulance/Frankfurt2000.html

(would need massive depot restructures....)
Looks like the Ice Cream Van without the loading ramp on the back.

-B.
auntys_eyes

Re: Sneak peak at Mk VI Merc

Post by auntys_eyes »

ZO100_marto wrote:For those who haven't seen here's some pics of the Mk VI. There is still some very minor changes been made but this is pretty close to the end product, word is there is 6 near completion.
One of these drove past while i was on a job last week. Looked stunning in the daylight, very sleek. Even the group of police i was standing with said it looked great.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Sneak peak at Mk VI Merc

Post by Toottoot »

ZO100_marto wrote: Also they have gone away from fibreglass moulds as you can see in the top pic, all alloy sheets now.
Alloy or aluminium? Which sheets do you mean?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I know ETT in NSW use aluminum big $ saver remove it from the vehicle recoat and straight into the new bus.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Awesome!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

jmmw wrote:Image

Awesome!
:roll: :? ...hmmmm that light bar would look good on my Getz :p
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Tyranus wrote:
jmmw wrote:Image

Awesome!
:roll: :? ...hmmmm that light bar would look good on my Getz :p

I'd throw in $20 to see that.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Oxyviva Robert Shaw Head Vs BVM

Post by Kyle »

Just quick question regarding the new Vans. Are they still using the Positive Pressure Resuscitation Device or are they fitting BVM to the Ambulances.

I have heard from a mate that Bag Valve Mask Devices are becoming standard stock on SJA ambulances. For Two reason reduced over inflation, are portable and don't require a oxygen cylinder.

Any one from SJA know about this or if its true..

If you a Ambulance Officer, Paramedic or VAO I like to know what you prefer. Just interesting as Im doing studies in the area of pre-hospital care and it great to know what people in the field think about them?
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

They still come equipped with them yes. My personal preferance is the BVM... It is portable, doesn't allow for over inflation and is an allround better option, especially when dealing with infants and children, as the demand valves don't allow for stoppage. Plus the BVM can be hooked up to O2 once inside the van. :)
FireOps

Post by FireOps »

BVM is pretty much the standard now, for the reasons you mentioned. I much prefer the BVM over the demand head hands down.

If anyone has eny questions about these new vans feel free to drop me a line. They are an impressive piece of machinery (and i'm not just saying that coz I work for P&W).

The LED's are far more visible than the old lightbars, especially in the day.

The grille lights are 6 head Optix LED's in a red/blue alternate flash combo. These things light up like christmas trees.
Strength in Reliability
FireOps

Post by FireOps »

Schism_ wrote:They still come equipped with them yes. My personal preferance is the BVM... It is portable, doesn't allow for over inflation and is an allround better option, especially when dealing with infants and children, as the demand valves don't allow for stoppage. Plus the BVM can be hooked up to O2 once inside the van. :)

The BVM can be hooked up to O2 any time you like if you have a Viva or Oxy-Sok handy.
Strength in Reliability